RAN Insight comes with deployment of Abis, IuB, X2 or other radio network interface monitoring. It includes a long list of features aimed at improving the quality of the radio interface including ways to monitor and optimize handovers between network generations.
The main benefit of RAN Insight is the ability to use subscriber handsets and dongles as drive test devices 24/7, all over the network, and to use this for real-time and post processing analysis of network coverage, cell breathing, interference levels, hand-over issues as well as any correlation between radio performance parameters with other performance parameters; such as mobile broadband performance as a function of received and interference power levels.
- Dramatically improve radio optimization, freeing radio experts to handle 3G challenges
- Reduce drive test by providing real time radio quality statistics directly from live handsets on the network
- Ensure complete network wide visibility.
Main Capabilities & Feature
- Comprehensive radio performance data, covering all geigraphical areas at all times (using constant direct sampling of handsets on the network)
- Effective diagnostics tool providing a drill-down from KPIs to tickets (CDRs)
- Wide range of radio KPIs for 2G (quality, interference, overshooting, dropped calls and failed procedures) and 3G (call success ratio, call duration, IRAT relocation analysis, cell breathing analysis, cell range and dominance analysis
- Support for all radio technologies including 2G, 3G and HSPA+
- When combined with Network Insight, Radio Insight allows complete procedure management and visibility between Radio, Access and core network interfaces.